We are looking for Support Workers from Barrow and the surrounding areas to work in Barrow, supporting a male adult in his 40’s with a mild diagnosis of Mild learning disability alongside paranoid schizophrenia. He really enjoys going out for walks and going out into the community. So, having support staff who enjoy walking and being out and about would be a huge bonus.
The gentleman we support lives alone in his own property and has his own mixed team providing 24-hour support on a 1:1 basis.
You must have experience of providing support to a person with complex mental health needs and behaviours that may be perceived as challenging within the UK as well as experience of understanding and implementing detailed care plans and risk assessments.
Gray Healthcare are different to most care providers in that that we are clinically informed. That means that there is a team of clinicians including nurses, occupational therapists and Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) specialists involved in developing the care and approach for each person that we support. This provides more direction to the Support teams; it is an inclusive approach that is proven to work to improve the lives and outcomes of the people that we support.
We don’t expect you to know everything when you join Gray Healthcare! We provide an initial week of training which is a combination of online training (company induction, systems, meds etc.) followed by in-person training on PROACT-SCIPr-UK which is a PBS approach to least restrictive practice, a therapeutic and proven alternative to restraint-dominant approaches. You will then complete the person-centred training, specific to the person that you are supporting. This could be PBS, epilepsy, ligature etc. and finally, you’ll complete shadow shifts.
Training continues throughout your time with Gray Healthcare and we encourage you to develop and grow your career with us.
We are looking for people to work the following shift patterns with flexibility
- 3 x day shifts paying £10.90 per hour, from 08:00 to 20:00
- 1 x sleep shift paying £126 per night, from 20:00 to 08:00
- We also have Bank – flexible for days or nights to cover when needed.
- We are looking for people who have worked in social care previously, ideally mental health diagnosis and self-harming behaviours.
- You must have current Right to Work in the UK and have been employed in the UK for at least 6 months.
- Telephone interview with specialist recruiter to go through the role in more detail and find out more about you and why you have applied.
- In-person interview with Community Support Manager
- Compliance & Background checks including employment references, Right To Work checks and Enhanced DBS.