As a Support Worker, you will be key in supporting adult’s with complex needs within their own home and within the community. We are looking for positive, compassionate, and caring support workers who have the right values and attitude to grow and develop with Gray healthcare.
The Ideal Candidate
We don’t expect you to know everything when you join Gray Healthcare! We provide an initial week of training which is a combination of online training (company induction, systems, meds etc.) followed by in-person training on PROACT-SCIPr-UK which is a PBS approach to least restrictive practice, a therapeutic and proven alternative to restraint-dominant approaches. You will then complete the person-centred training, specific to the person that you are supporting. This could be PBS, epilepsy, ligature etc. and finally, you’ll complete shadow shifts.
Training continues throughout your time with Gray Healthcare and we encourage you to develop and grow your career with us.
- We are looking for people who have worked in social care previously
- You must have current Right to Work in the UK and have been employed in the UK for at least 6 months.
- Telephone interview with specialist recruiter to go through the role in more detail and find out more about you and why you have applied.
- In-person interview with Community Support Manager
- Compliance & Background checks including employment references, Right To Work checks and Enhanced DBS.
Gray Healthcare are looking for bank support workers to support a non-verbal gentlemen in his 30s on a 2:1 basis within his own home in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic energetic person to support a young gentleman in his own home. Drivers preferred but not essential, you must have good communication skills.
The gentleman we support likes to watch his favourite TV programmes, listen to music, use his trampoline and use sensory equipment within his home. He likes to go out for a drive in his car, swimming and walking. He is a very happy active young man and likes lots of interaction from his support staff to help him have a happy and meaningful life.
We have day shifts and waking night shifts available:-
Waking nights- 8pm-8am.